Giving Away Some of Your Pieces
Once you start filling out college scholarship applications, you will discover that they typically ask if you have any volunteer experience. Volunteering is important because it shows that you like:
- To give back to your community
- To help others in need
- To have a positive impact on others
- To demonstrate your willingness to help
- To form new relationships
People not only want to know that you are a hard worker, but they also want to see that you go out of your way to help others. PrepSCO will help find volunteer opportunities for any student that wants to “upgrade” their scholarship applications.
Volunteering not only makes you feel great, but it also creates opportunities for more scholarships and a possible foot in the door for a summer job or more! While volunteering, you will be able to experience new, valuable lessons that might change the way you think about life.
Where to Volunteer?
- Local Libraries
- Local Churches
- Local Hospitals
- Chamber of Commerce
- United Way
- Private Schools
- Public Schools
- All Babies Born Alive (ABBA)
- Boys and Girls Clubs
- Meals on Wheels
- Volunteers in Service to Others (VISTO)
- Pet adoption agency
- CASA – Court Appointed Special Advocates (must be 18)
- Lions Clubs